Sunday, October 6, 2013

Halloween Easel Card using Witches Brew Printable Journal ~ Kimberly Pate




Today is my day to post on the Tsunami Rose Designs blog.  We are tasked with creating our project using the new Witches Brew Printable Journal.  This is a great journal, and there are so many things that you can do with this journal. the opportunities are wide open to only your imagination.

Today I made an easel card.  This is just the second card I have made, so I am sure there is much more I can do with this card, I will keep working on my easel cards, but at least this is a start, right?



I used one page of the Witches Brew Journal on the face of my card.  However, I don't like to waste paper, so I used the excess on the bottom on my card as well.  I layered the journal paper on black first, then onto cream.  I used a black card base, so I felt this cream color was a good choice to best highlight the vibrant colors off the Halloween paper.

I really struggled with putting together this card and had to have a little extra help from a couple of friends.   I was not sure what elements to add to enhance the beauty of this paper. 

I opted for a strip of burlap topped with a beautiful lollipop black flower accented with a pearl.  the flower has some fringe ribbon in the middle. (I am sorry, but this does not show up well in the picture)



To complete the bottom part of the card, I used the remainder of journal paper from the card front so they would match.  I also used a portion of a tag from the journal paper that I trimmed down and layered.




It is plain and simple, but, if you know me, you know that is how I roll.  I am a plain and simple type girl.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, make sure you take advantage of the links below for your opportunity to get the Witches Brew Journal.




Click Image to visit "Witches Brew" in Zibbet Shop








Tsunami Rose Designs Links

No comments:

Post a Comment