Wednesday, July 26, 2017

DT Project: Safina Mahood - Journal using the Life Abloom Printable Journal



Here is my second journal for Tsunami Rose Designs.
I absolutely love this kit, Life Abloom. I'm not a girly girl & don't usually go for a lot of pinks but mixed with other pastel/hint of vintage this was perfect. I can see myself adapting this collection to suit different themes/styles. I have mixed a lot items including some new pieces from Tsunami Rose Designs etsy store. They are versatile enough to mix with different collections.

I'm keeping this journal simple & not done much in way of inking/stamping/distressing as I want to keep it as a journal mainly for writing. Recipient can always stamp/embellish to their preference. I kept the cover plain so it can be put into your handbag for journaling on the go. The textured cardstock gives a faux 'leather look' while the photo under the metal name plate has been heavily glossy accented to give an enamelled look. I tried a curved spine again, & finished the journal with an attached green ribbon bookmark.

I've had a lot of fun with this & will definitely be using again for future journals/projects.

Journal details:
Hardback (mount board) cover with curved spine.
96 pages=192 sides (excluding inside front/back covers, & flip outs)
12 pocket/envelope style pages
Around 106 pull out journal cards/tags
10 coloured paperclips (not embellished).
Measures:
7 1/2 inch by 5 3/4 inch & approx just under 2 inch spine.


















Visit DT Safina at her youtube channel Rang De 'Life is Art' for more inspiration!!!


~~**~~**~~**~~


TsunamiRose Designs Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment