Saturday, March 18, 2017

DT Project: Angela Hochstein Arnold- Spring Themed Journal using various designs



For my March DT project I wanted to do something that was bright, colorful and shouted "spring!" I used some of the floral big elements, the new bingo cards, the floral paper packs as well as some of the floral library cards for this journal. While I wanted it to be bright and full of spring images, I still wanted there to be a slight vintage feel to it, so many of the pages are still coffee dyed and all the journaling cards and elements have been distressed and inked with vintage photo. I also used some of the butterfly clip art from Tsunami Rose Designs to add to the floral images and theme of the journal. I used patterned scrapbook paper from K&Company to accompany the Tsunami Rose Designs floral papers and add a pop of more color to this journal. For the cover, I used an up-cycled corrugated cardboard box that I covered in wrinkled packing paper. I then hand painted the cover, first with gesso, then with a custom mixed color paint. I have never been a fan of green, but for some reason I find myself recently obsessed with different shades of green. I call this color green - Spring Green. It is a mix between a mint green and a clover green. The cover is also embellished with silk flowers and a removable spine charm, that includes two handmade mixed media beads. I had a lot of fun making this journal and dreaming of Spring (while it is still below freezing here in Michigan. ugh!) 













Visit Angela's Blog ElaCateDesign and become a
follower and subscribe to her Youtube channel!



~~**~~**~~**~~

Bingo Cards Flowers Set #1 - 2 Pg Instant Download - bingo digital roses floral, project life kit, mixed media art kit, junk journal supply


TsunamiRose Designs Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment