Tuesday, August 22, 2017

DT Project: Safina Mahood - Rose Garden (mini/micro) Journal



Here is my first attempt at an altered book journal. This was originally a pocket diary that I gutted & used to create this mini micro junk journal. (Managed to use a couple of note pages from original book too).

I really like the digital kits. Once again I was easily able to mix the kit with a lot items 
I already had (including some new pieces from Tsunami Rose Designs etsy store). These kits are like having a colourful version of whats usually considered a 'neutral' palette that matches a wide range of kits & very easy to adapt to contemporary or vintage themes.

I failed in my attempt to keep this months journal thinner & ended up creating another chunky journal in a smaller version...although to be fair you do have a lot of space to write, doodle, sketch & plan in... & it can still fit in your handbag for journaling on the go.

I've enjoyed using these kits & think I let my DT journals get so thick because I want to display as much of the collections as possible to provide some justice to Daisy Collins' well thought out & beautiful designs.


Journal details:
Altered book cover (Made from pocket diary).
84 pages=168 sides (excluding inside front/back covers, booklets & flip out pages)
6 pocket/envelope style pages
3 doilies (providing 6 half flips)
Around 57 pull out journal cards/tags/postcards & flip books
(X2) 8 page each booklets (=16 sides each + extra coloured partial pages)
6 coloured paperclips (finished with fun fibres).
Journal measures:
4 1/4 inch by 3 inch by approx 1 1/2 inch spine
 
















                            Visit DT Safina at her youtube                                       channel Rang De 'Life is Art' for more inspiration!!!


~~**~~**~~**~~


TsunamiRose Designs Blog

1 comment: