Friday, July 21, 2017

DT Project: April Reeves - Journal using the Life Abloom Journal Kit



While working with Life Abloom by Tsunami Rose Designs this month, the lesson that was front of mind for me was: awareness. Of course with a title like this, the first thing that comes to mind for me is flowers. With that being said I also knew I wanted to use this kit as a mini journal. So how can I pack this book with lots of flowers that match the kit's color scheme, without compromising writing space? Easy! Add my decor to the edges of the pages. And it worked beautifully! I have to say I was inspired to do that but the AMAZING tabs that come with this kit, I can't say enough how much I love this tabs!! They are perfect for adding beauty and interest to the outside of the book!

This kit has summery tones such as various hues of pink, green and yellow - so I took that and ran with it. So the moral is, if you have a kit and you aren't sure where to start with it, use the details in the kit as a jumping point. From there you can decorate and assemble a journal like an expert - without taking away comfortable writing space!









Visit DT April at her Youtube Channel 
PinkOddBird for more inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment