Saturday, February 28, 2015

DT Leader & Coordinator Kimberly's lovely Shadow Box using the "Polished Lackluster" Printable Journal



Here I am once again sharing a project with you from Tsunami Rose Designs.  I have to warn you thou, I am so far out of my comfort zone on this project, proceed with caution.  *smile* 

This week, I decided I wanted to create a shadow box.  Well, something sort of like one anyways. I have had this old Prima flower box for a year or more and have always wanted to create something with it.  So, when the opportunity arose, I decided to try my luck. 

For this project, I used the Polished Lackluster Printable Journal. 




For the background, I took one of the papers and opened it up in Adobe Photoshop, I then sized it to an 8 x 11.5 size so I could trim it down to the size of the inside of the box.  I so love anything that has flowers on it and most all of Tsunami Rose Printable Journals have some kind of flowers on them.  

Once I had the paper  cut to size, I inked the edges so they were all black.  I really like how the one side of this paper looks like lace or beads, and I was very careful to not lose that look when I trimmed and inked. 

I then added the large diamond flourish, and began to add my homemade flowers.  I have really taken a liking to making my own flowers.  I used to think they were to hard to do.  They really aren't, they are just time consuming, and I burn my finger tips often with the hot  glue gun.  *grin*   The flowers around the flourish are simple rolled roses with ink tips. All of my flowers are also made from one of the pages from the journal.  





~~**~~**~~**~~

In the other corner, I added a nifty pocket envelope and a journal card.  I also added a beautiful ticket. Again, everything here has flowers on them.  I topped the corner off by adding three more hand made roses.  This time, I chose not to ink the edges.  Now that they are finished, I am regretting that decision.  I chose not to mostly because I could not decide what color I should use, black seemed to dark, while pink seemed to light.  One of the three, however, I did add a touch of Tattered Angel spray to give it a tiny bit of sparkle. 



All in all, for my first attempt, I am pleased with the outcome.  However, I reserve the right to add elements or make changes.  * smile*

Visit Kimberly at KP Kre8tions and become a follower!!!

~~**~~**~~**~~

Polished Lackluster Printable Journal Kit- INSTANT DOWNLOAD 

   Tsunami Rose Designs Links

No comments:

Post a Comment