Friday, November 28, 2014

Altered Cigar Box using the "Charming Fragments" Printable Journal by DT Tina


Hi everyone I hope you are all well and happy!
Today I would like to share with you my 2nd Tsunami Rose DT project for November.
Once again I have used the scrummy
"Charming Fragments" Papers and elements kit. I have enjoyed using this Kit so much its absolutely beautiful and a must for any crafter.

For this project i have altered a cigar box as shown in the pictures above, you can see
"Charming Fragments" paper that I used on outside, the cigar box is sat just on it.

So I found this gorgeous little box around a year ago on a 2nd hand market stall where I live and it was a snip at just £3!! To start I covered the outside of the box with paper from the kit and painted a light layer of Modge Podge all over it and left it to dry, when it was dry a gently rubbed round the edges of the box with sandpaper to give it a little shabbiness. I then lined the box with paper from the kit and again popped a light layer of Modge Podge over the paper and left to dry. The edges inside of the box have been painted with a dark gold metalic acrylic paint I blasted the paint with my heat gun, it gave a lovely cracked aged effect which is difficult to see on the pics. The bottom of the box has some dark orange/bronze organza ribbon with a matching paper rose in the centre. I then added elements from the kit to the top of the box and cut out some butterflies from the paper to use as embellishments, this kit is just so versitille!! To embellish I added flowers self adhesive pearls and tied a bow from the same ribbon used around the bottom of the box. As always Daisy has designed another fabulous kit and us girls on the DT are blessed with being given such fabbiness to work with every time!
I hope that you like what I have created and enjoy using the kit as much as I have.
Hugs Tina xx









Visit DT Tina at her blog Touched By An Angel!!!

 ~~**~~**~~**~~

"Charming Fragments" Printable Journal Kit




   Tsunami Rose Designs Links

No comments:

Post a Comment