Saturday, October 12, 2013

Maureen Scott ~ Wall Hanging using Witches Brew Printable Journal


 

 Hi folks, happy Saturday to you all! I cannot believe how fast time is flying, it's almost Halloween!!! Which leads me perfectly onto today's project for Tsunami Rose Designs. This month we are using the 'Witches Brew' printable journal kit which includes fabulous papers, ephemera and sentiments in fabulous oranges, blood reads and blacks for Halloween. If you've followed my blog for a while you will no doubt know that I love to make a wall hanging now and then and I thought, for my first Tsunami Rose project in a while, I would do a Halloween themed hanging.

 I started with a 6x6" shaped chipboard page. I used Cosmic Shimmer glue to cover the front with black pearlescent paper, and having fussy cut a journal page, I attached that too, allowing the skeleton to hang down at the bottom.



 The next stage was to sort through the printable ephemera - I find this easier to do with them sitting in front of me so I simply printed one of each sheets to use as needed. I cut some pieces and mounted them on red and black pearlescent paper. I found some black lacy ribbon and adhered this down the left side with hot glue and attached a large black satin bow to the top right with the same hot glue. I stitched a metal 'gravestone' charm onto the bow and added organze ribbon to the tag. Burgandy and black satin ribbon is used to hang the hanging.



 'Spooktacular night' was shaped before adding to the hanging. And as a finishing touch, I fussy cut some fabulous black bats from another of the journal pages and attached them using 3d foam.
 
 



(Click Image to See Journal in Zibbet Shop)
(To see in Etsy Shop click here)



Tsunami Rose Designs Links

2 comments: