Saturday, September 15, 2012

About Me







My name is Daisy Collins, I am 24 and I live in Las Vegas with my husband and my two cats. I grew up in Southern California, and love to maintain my style laid back, with a vintage feel with lots of flowers.

Growing up my mother always made clothing and accessories  for my sister and I. I remember being 9 years old and back then (and now even LOL) jeans were always too long on me so I had to cut them. I would take the part of denim I had cut, sew it (badly, LOL) and and add handles. I remember hating the limited options offered at stores that were kind of my style, but not exactly. And that always bothered me.

I started doing graphic design when I was 15 because I started venturing into online forums and noticed people had "avatars". I wanted my own and the limited options forums have for avatars didn't suit my style. I learned the basics of Photoshop mostly thru online tutorials. I went to my local College of Southern Nevada and I'm almost done with my AAS in Web Design. But I've decided to focus more on graphic design and print.

I very much enjoyed my design classes, every single one of them was fun. College felt like arts and crafts once I figured out what I wanted to do. Every other class felt like I was studying what other people had accomplished, and what they had wrote. . . .  Design class felt like it was more about me and what I could accomplish.

I love studying about other artists. Some that influence me are, Jean Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol and Monet. I also draw inspiration from Betsy Johnson so much. She is one of my biggest idols.

I started off making 12x12 layouts and then moved on to being obsessed with making mini books. My current obsession is card making. I found that cards and traditional layouts were hard to come up with. I would just become overwhelmed by the blank 5x7 canvas and my mountain of supplies. Sketches online provided some rules that I saw and I decided to take my swing at designing them myself. I am inspired by 12x12 layouts that I see all over the internet.

I started this blog because I found myself unemployed with a lot of time on my hands. I decided to try and launch myself into the world. Well, that was the idea, I didn't think it'd actually happen.

I decided to merge my two passions: scrapbooking + graphic design and try and make it a career. My dream would be to have my own line of scrapbook items. For now I have my dream and a little online Zibbet shop that I opened in February of 2012.

I am currently looking to sponsor blog hops or other events, so please email me!!

If you are interested in carrying my designs in your shop, please also email me. :)

How to contact:

Email

Facebook

2 comments:

  1. I cannot see where to enter my card for the colour challenge that ends 30th October
    link to my entry is http://lynnescardsforalloccasions.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/colours.html
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I click on a link it says that it's not available. How do I buy your Witches Brew? A direct link would be great if you can provide it.

    ReplyDelete